MATT RANDALL, P.E.
SR. PROJECT ENGINEER
Mr. Randall has progressive design experience with private civil engineering firms managing the civil development process from planning through design and permitting to construction on public and private projects in the states of Washington and Oregon.
Specializing in innovative stormwater solutions, Matt uses his thorough understanding of Washington Department of Ecology’s stormwater manual to guide project design. Over his career, managing stormwater has become an increasingly important design element on every project often driving the project design. Utilizing a design toolbox that includes Low Impact Development (LID) elements (porous pavements, rain gardens, stormwater fountain features, bioswales, storm planters and on-site infiltration) along with traditional detention ponds and mechanical treatment options, Matt seeks to incorporate natural functions into the built environment to create aesthetically pleasing and functional water quality and flow control solutions for each project.
Matt draws on his ability to connect with clients and design team members on an individual level to better understand the objectives behind each project. His desire to “make visions happen” frames his interaction with clients, design professionals, and permitting agencies toward achieving the goals and objectives of his clients.
17 years experience in project management, innovative stormwater design, civil design, engineering analysis, report writing, scheduling, cost estimating and budgets, and contract management on projects throughout Western Washington and Oregon.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, 1999 Washington State University
- Licensed Prof. Engineer, Washington State #49708
SELECTED PROJECT EXPERIENCE
Cascade Middle School Modernization and Additions - Sedro-Woolley, WA
- Project renovated portions of the existing school and added an 80,000 SF building expansion and over three acres of pervious concrete pavement.
- Managed the civil design effort which included locating and designing an on-site pervious parking lot for 115 vehicles, site circulation design, grading and stormwater management around the new buildings, and utility revisions.
- Coordinated new bus access onto SR 20 with WSDOT.
- Project was awarded Sustainable Concrete Project of the Year in 2014 and Pervious Concrete Project of the Year in 2005.
Lincoln Street Development and Road Widening - Bellingham, WA
- Managed the design efforts and permitting of approximately 2000 feet of roadway widening on a secondary arterial for a private development project. The completed project widened the roadway, improved pedestrian and ADA access, and upgraded existing stormwater quality controls, while also enhancing adjacent environmental features.
- Key improvements provided a paved multi-use pedestrian connection from Fred Meyer and NXNW apartments south toward the Lincoln Street Park and Ride.
New Columbia Mixed-Use Development - Portland, OR
- Performed roadway and sidewalk engineering design and utility coordination for a grant-funded, 82-acre parcel public housing redevelopment site in Portland, Oregon. The project reconstructed a barracks-style neighborhood into a mixed housing neighborhood with a community friendly focus.
- Project provided four miles of new streets in a grid system to improve circulation and connect the development to the adjacent neighborhood while creating a pedestrian friendly environment for residents and visitors.
- Project was Portland's first "green street" neighborhood providing on-site stormwater collection, treatment, and disposal within the site.
- Project was awarded multiple awards and certifications.