LAURA VANDERVORT, P.E.
design engineer and project documentation
Ms. Vandervort is a multi-faceted civil engineer with over 4 years of experience in both public and private development throughout the Pacific Northwest. She understands the importance of accuracy in details and in developing projects that are both biddable and buildable. She enjoys the integral role of team leader in the development of projects and in helping clients achieve a quality product through efficient work flow. Her skills include site and utility design, stormwater conveyance, collection, and treatment, grading, master planning, and the creation of master documentation.
With her work on projects with various municipalities, Laura is familiar with site-specific codes and permitting requirements. Her projects have ranged from stormwater master plans in foreign countries to waterfront redevelopment, to multi-phased construction designs for a large hospital complex. Laura exceeds at the iterative processes of engineering design and in problem solving to find "best solution" for a project.
- Nearly five years of experience in all aspects of civil design, report writing, cost estimating, permitting, and storm drainage solutions in Washington and Oregon.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, 2004 Montana State University
- Licensed Prof. Engineer, Oregon State #81073
Selected Project Experience
Culvert Removal and Bridge Replacement - Wilsonville, OR
- Provided coordination between civil, structural, and landscape design teams.
- Designed new sewer main.
- Project improved fish passage and stream restoration to large listing of fish species.
M. James Gleason Memorial Boat Ramp - Portland, OR
- Planned and designed innovative wave attenuation panels taking into account erosion and sediment control.
- Facilitated design of new transient moorage dock.
Downtown Underground Parking Garage - Portland, OR
- Led feasibility study with design schematics.
- Developed elaborate utility mapping and coordination effort.
Sacred Heart Medical Center Campus - Springfield, OR
- Played key role in master planning through development of construction plans.
- Developed phased construction documentation for massive construction site.