John R. Tuttle, P.E.
Principal Engineer and Manager
John Tuttle is a highly-motivated Professional Civil Engineer with broad based experience in the planning, permitting, design, and construction phases of civil related projects for both the public and private development industries.
John has proven success in managing roadway, bridge, site, drainage, and utility infrastructure projects that were completed on-time and on-budget. John’s specialty is development of federally funded transportation infrastructure projects. As a former WSDOT employee, John has a detailed understanding of WSDOT standards and procedures. His understanding of municipal development standards spans nearly all communities of Skagit and Whatcom counties.
John has advanced his career based on his ability to accurately manage the development of complex projects. His gift in communicating with clients, organizing and leading teams of design professionals, and working with government agencies is unparalleled and is instrumental in achieving the goals and objectives of his clients. John has a successful record of comprehensive project management.
The list of projects below highlights John Tuttle’s experience and successful record of project development.
- Over 20 years of experience in civil engineering design, project management, engineering analysis, scheduling, cost estimating, and budget development on projects throughout Western Washington.
- B.S. in Civil Engineering, 1995 Washington State University
- Licensed Prof. Engineer, Washington State #43718
- American Society of Civil Engineers - Past President
- Rotary International - Board Member
Selected Project Experience
Bellingham Waterfront Redevelopment - City of Bellingham
- Managed the scoping, planning, and preliminary design efforts of three consultant design teams.
- Provided engineering design review, project delivery, and contract management on road, bridge, and railway improvement projects.
- Carefully coordinated project sequencing in order to meet potential stimulus funding deadlines.
Mount Baker Scenic Byway Welcome Center Project - Mount Baker Chamber
- Performed lead design and subconsultant oversight of highway widening and site layout for planned tourist center.
- Coordinated with the WSDOT on federal funding, right-of-way, design deviations, stormwater, and construction administration activities.
- Successfully collaborated with multiple agencies to receive approval on numerous environmental and land-use permits.
Burlington-Edison High School Campus Improvements - Burl. School District
- Performed lead design and management of all civil design and permitting necessary to construct new site infrastructure for the high school campus.
- Conducted detailed design of stormwater retrofits, utility extensions, and parking lot improvements.
- Performed bid phase advertising, award, and construction oversight.
Hovander Homestead Park Improvements Project - Whatcom County Parks
- Managed the design and environmental services needed to expand existing trails and playground facilities.
- Performed field assessment with goal of completely avoiding wetlands.
- Successfully coordinated permitting with numerous resource agencies.